Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Girl Rant and Tid Bits.

"Sometimes I think my husband is so amazing that I don't know why he's with me. I don't know whether I'm good enough. But if I make him happy, then I'm everything I want to be." I am almost ashamed to be quoting Angelina Jolie right now... And I'm not sure which one of her 4 husbands she is referring to, but I have to say... the woman's got a point.
Like most girls, I have struggled with body image for as long as I can remember. Before you whip out your violins... I think my level of insecurity is fairly healthy. fairly :) I don't think that I am ugly, I don't think I am fat, and I even like a lot of my physical characteristics. But Since having a baby that healthy level has been teetering towards the crazy side. But at least I can admit this right? Sadly it doesn't just affect me and my poor mirror (kidding). I know that it affects Tyson. My sweet husband who told me I was beautiful when I weighed a whopping 185 pounds at the end of my pregnancy. He would stare into my eyes and rub my belly and I knew he thought I was gorgeous. He made me believe. I don't know when I stopped believing him. I can tell that he gets frustrated when I roll my eyes at his compliments, when I push his hand away from my stomach.
Why is it so hard to believe that your husband thinks your beautiful, if you don't exactly feel the same? Pretty silly if you ask me. If my husband thinks I'm beautiful and I make him happy... then I'm enough. I'm going to try to tell myself that more often. I'm going to smile at my sweet Tyson when he tells me he thinks I'm gorgeous. He deserves to know how happy and non-crazy he makes me.
In other news... I've been crocheting like a madwoman and I've decided that I am going to start a little business. Tyson, brilliant, all-knowing marketing genius, (self given title) is more excited than I am!
In other other news. Charlea one day decided that she was done being a bump on a log and started crawling! It was the strangest thing.... she just turned around and crawled across the room as if she'd been doing it forever. I had been telling people that she would probably skip crawling since she was walking along the couches and chairs for a while. I'll go more into detail about my baby on her ten month post (holy crap). This past month has been an exciting one!
I added a couple pics of my latest and greatest crochet creations, and a post wouldn't be a post without Charlea's cute face! In this one she just happens to be sleeping... like I'm going to do right now! Goodnight everyone!
Neckwarmer
Rasta Beanie (I made one for Tyson to match ;)
Ladybug
The most BEAUTIFUL little baby in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment