Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, March 14, 2011

a couple of things that I'm loving

I LOVE the way Charlea dances. She reminds me of an octopus out of water. Slow, floppy, and a little awkward! I'm sure it is possible for a 16 month old to have rhythm, but my little definitely has a style of her own. Thank goodness though! Her dancing warms my heart and bring a smile to my face.
I love how different we look. She has got little sprinkles of me in her. Out of the one hundred facets of her face, I think I could count on one hand the ones that came from me. At first, it hurt me to hear the question "is she yours?" But now the question makes me smile. I love everything about Tyson's face... so now, I get twice the Tyson love!
Nothing quite like a baby sleeping is there? The way they kind of burrow their heads into the pillow like a tiny puppy trying to mold their bed to their bodies. The way their lips pout, their eyelids twinge randomly... probably from a happy dream... and usually followed by the tiniest smirk. The way she ever so delicately places her little hands together and then nuzzles them under her chin. I could stare at her for hours. The toddler stage of life is a very "fast" time. Literally. They are always on the go, always learning, always soaking up everything they can, always moving. So, when she sleeps, she is still and beautiful. I love it.
I love how Boo is when she is sick. Don't get me wrong, I don't like her being sick, and day one of her illnesses is usually bad all around. I often forget that she is just a baby because she handles being sick with a lot of grace. More grace than her mother :) It is unreal watching her personality blossom. I have no doubt in my mind that she is going to be such a wonderfully relaxed, sweet girl, and there is nothing in this world that could make a mama more proud!

Lastly, I am loving this weather and the time change! It is a little taste of what is to come. Sunshine, heat, swimming, ice cream, mid-day family naps, trips to Cali, Spring, Summer..... here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment