Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, April 27, 2012

What I'm Loving...

I can't believe April 2012 will soon be no more. Summer is a comin' and she's bringing the heat this year. I can feel her already, tip toeing sneakily into our weekends giving us a little taste of fire. I don't think summer in Vegas is something that anyone can get use to, but I find beauty in it still. For now, the weather is bearable and I'm drinking in the last bits of our semi-cool spring. There is nothing particularly noteworthy going on right now, but I feel like writing, so thought I make a good ol' "what I'm loving" post. It's always good to reflect on the things that make you happy anyways. I don't do it enough, people don't do it enough. So here I go...

1. I love the smell of the rain. Yesterday the weather forecast promised rain. It was chilly, the clouds turned a beautiful shade of gray, and the wind was blowing through the leaves making that "pre-rain" sound. I sat by the window most of the day waiting for it. I knew this could very well be the last cozy rain before summer. I waited and waited and checked the weather app on my phone every 10 minutes or so. Nothing. My sweet little nursling's coo begged me to lay down with her. I was happy to oblige. I fell asleep nursing her on the couch and woke up to the smell of wet earth. Favorite moment of my Thursday. It wasn't much of a rain... It was hardly even a sprinkle, but it gave me the last dose of April that I needed.

2. I love spaghetti squash!!! New favorite food EVER!!! My mom and brother came for a quick visit in the beginning of the week. My brother introduced me to this fabulous squash. If you are scratching your head right now because you have never heard of such a vegetable, do yourself a favor and buy one asap. We ate it with a simple marinara and it was so delicious. It really does taste like pasta!

3. I love auto-correct. Most annoying and overused phrase besides "FML".... "damn auto-correct strikes again!". Auto-correct is awesome people! That is it.

4. Earlier today Tyson and I got into a lil spat about something so insignificant I can't even fully remember why it started, but It ended with me stomping to the living room and him slamming his  man-cave door. 2.5 seconds later he ran out of his room with a huge smile on his face and his "lost" contacts in his hand. We'd been unsuccessfully searching for them the past few days. I love that, when something exciting happens, he can't wait to share it with me. So much so, that he will instantly drop his anger towards me so that he can. I love him. 

5. I love that Charlea wakes up a good while before Cheyne. It's always hard to rip my body from my sweet baby whom I usually pull into bed with me around 6am, but I love my morning routine with Charlea. We snuggle on the couch, talk about our dreams, and argue over what we should have for breakfast. Alone time with Charlea is a precious commodity these days. I'm glad to start every day just her and I. Nothing better.

I have to end this post with some pictures... can't you just see their bond growing? Every single day it grows. An indescribably beautiful thing to behold.






 Have A Colorful Weekend!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment